Sunday, 19 December 2010

Penhaligon's - Terror for the Under 5's!


Prestige perfume purveyors Penhaligon's have a lot to answer to as last week they unleashed the "Olfactory Owl" - a man/morepork hybrid - on unsuspecting Londoners.

Mr. Owl is the feathered face of Penhaligon's, introduced to coincide with Christmas and who is creating a flutter all over the city as he hands out samples and vouchers, and - we suspect - frightens the bejesus out of little children. He may look very dapper in his Victorian finery, but there is no doubt in my mind that that bird-head of his is responsible for the mass terrorism of kids and adults alike. I don't know what the creatives over at Penhaligon's were thinking when they conjured this biological anomaly... perhaps they've been sniffing at the 'fumes marked with the jolly-roger logo?







Penhaligon's are trying to remain resolutely upbeat about their terrifying new member of the team, but have noted on their facebook page that reactions to the birdman have been mixed.

So what is your opinion? Friend, or freakshow?

I don't think I have to tell you which side of the fence I'm sitting on...



9 comments:

~x~ said...

scary beautiful.

olenska said...

If they'd ever read Whitley Strieber's COMMUNION or watched THE FOURTH KIND, they would know that barn owls are the birds voted most likely to be evil space aliens. :)

Angela Cox said...

Oh God I so agree with you Dimitri .I am not sure what an owl has to do with Penhaligons at all. I think he is in the Burlington Arcdae at one point and to be honest I am not sure they let kids in or anyone who isn't minor royalty. I belong to the Facebook site but had idea what to sat except maybe "have you all lost it".

Anonymous said...

I like him, but I agree, he's totally creepy. If he crept up on me, I'd certainly feel like an anxious mouse and probably make a run for it!
-M

Anonymous said...

Holy ****, that guy is creepy! Not someone I'd want to run into in a dark alley.
-Jim

Curly Jo said...

gigantic owl beheads man in suit...yeah great...Brodie would so be running like the clappers!

Angela Cox said...

Happy Christmas Dimitri either for 25th December or 6th January . Thank-you for all your posts especially the one on Icons. Angie and family.

David Toms said...

Are they serious! How is the Duke reacting to this? Merry Christmas!

Brownie said...

Ditto on what Olenska noted!

~ Susan